Now that the Apex Legends Global Series (ALGS): Autumn Circuit is wrapping up, Respawn is ready to push forward the next tournament in the series. The developer has announced information for the ALGS Winter Circuit that will kick off in January 2021.
Probably the biggest detail to note is the prize pool for the Winter Circuit. Respawn has upped the prize pool for the ALGS Winter Circuit to $750,000. To give an idea at how much of a hike this is, the Autumn Circuit prize pool is $400,000.
ALGS Winter Circuit registration and qualifiers
This is a global competition divvied up across six regions: North America, South America, Asia-Pacific South (APAC South), Asia-Pacific North (APAC North), Middle East and Africa (MEA), and Europe. The qualifiers will start on January 17, and all PC players are eligible to compete if they have reached Gold IV rank in the Series 6 Split 2 by 12 PM PT on January 14. Once you have reached Gold IV rank by the deadline, you can register via Battlefy.
ALGS Winter Circuit:
🔸$750,000 prize pool
🔸January – March 2021
🔸Qualifiers open to anyone who reaches Gold IV on PC by Jan 14!pic.twitter.com/KDy2Z9Oeye
— Apex Legends News (@TitanfallBlog) December 9, 2020
Each region will host five different online qualifier tournaments. Only 20 teams from each region can advance to the playoffs, scheduled to start in late March. The qualifiers will run until March 21.
Prize pool divisions
The $750,000 prize pool is not limited to the playoffs. The top ten places from the qualifiers in North America and Europe will also receive cash prizes. The top 5 places will earn cash prizes in the APAC North and South, and only the top 3 will receive prizes in MEA and South America. The full breakdown of the prize pool is below.
- North America: $6,000 for first place, $3,000 for second, $1,500 for third, $1,000 for fourth, and $750 for fifth through tenth
- Europe: $6,000 for first place, $3,000 for second, $1,500 for third, $1,000 for fourth, and $750 for fifth through tenth
- APAC North: $4,500 for first place, $2,250 for second, $1,125 for third, and $750 for fourth and fifth
- APAC South: $4,500 for first place, $2,250 for second, $1,125 for third, and $750 for fourth and fifth
- MEA: $3,000 for first place, $1,500 for second, $750 for third
- South America: $3,000 for first place, $1,500 for second, $750 for third
Everyone who makes the playoffs will walk away with a cash prize. Here is the full breakdown.
For the playoffs, Europe and MEA will be combined as the EMEA.
The ALGS Winter Circuit kicks off on January 17 for the first open qualifier. Check out the full schedule, complete with times, on EA’s news announcement.