Blizzard has announced that token drops will double for the Overwatch League this weekend. With the recent addition of MVP Jay “Sinatraa” Won’s Alien Zarya skin, you now have even more content for which to redeem these tokens.
The transition of the Overwatch League from Twitch to YouTube saw the temporary removal of League Tokens. However, the feature later returned with the Overwatch League Regional Tournaments on May 22. Fans can also acquire tokens by purchasing them or winning them through the many giveaways hosted by teams.
Double Tokens in Overwatch League
Here’s how fans can take advantage of the Double Tokens weekend and get some sweet skins in the process:
- Log in to your Blizzard account on the official website, mobile site, or mobile apps
- Enjoy all of your favorite Overwatch League content
- Earn 10 League Tokens for every hour spent viewing live matches (which is two times compared to the usual 5)
- Viewing time is continuously tracked, meaning it is accumulated over time
- Watching 30 minutes in the morning and then 30 minutes in the afternoon is fine
- However, tokens are only dispensed for each hour of watch time
- Spend your League Tokens across all Overwatch game platforms (PC, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, etc)
Fans can redeem the League Tokens for a variety of in-game content. This usually consists of limited promotions to team skins for your favorite heroes at 100 tokens each. Fans can easily turn in their points by navigating to the “Overwatch League” tab on the game’s main menu. They can then browse all of the teams that are available and select which hero they would like to apply the tokens toward.
What team skins are you saving up your Overwatch tokens for? Let us know in the comments, and keep up with Daily Esports for all of your Overwatch coverage.