As the first-person shooter community excitedly awaits Riot Games’ debut FPS title, Valorant, agent details are slowly surfacing. Valorant, at a basic level, is a tactical FPS, meaning the game is oriented around teamwork and objectives. Each agent holds their own unique set of skills, bringing forth specialized tactics and strategies to achieve a common goal. The idea is for agents to combine abilities and work off each other’s expertise to achieve those goals.
Daily Esports breaks down each of the eight Valorant agents, in preparation for the game’s summer 2020 release.
Phoenix is a fire-wielding agent igniting everything in his path. He features projectile combat and a fusion damage/healing AOE ability in his kit.
- Hot Hands – Phoenix throws a fireball that explodes upon impact or after a delay. The “fire zone” is an AOE ability that deals damage to enemies but heals friendlies.
- Blaze – When the ability is cast, an expansive firewall blocks vision and damages enemies passing through it. Players can bend the wall by turning their cursor in combination with the left click.
- Signature ability: Curveball – Similar to a flashbang, Curveball is a flare that bursts shortly after casting, blinding those who look at it. (Yes, that means you can team flash your friends!)
- Ultimate ability: Run It Back – Phoenix’s ultimate ability marks your location. If a player dies while the ultimate is active or if the ultimate expires, the player is teleported back to the marked area.
Viper is a dangerous lady. She’s a venomous Valorant queen, making use of chemical devices to defeat her enemies.
- Snakebite – A projectile that explodes, creating a toxic pool of acid.
- Poison Cloud – Viper deploys a reuseable “gas emitter” that creates a poisonous smoke cloud. The emitter is on a cooldown, meaning she can pick it up and redeploy after a short period.
- Signature ability: Toxic Screen – Cast an extended line of gas emitters to create a massive wall of dangerous gas.
- Ultimate ability: Viper’s Pit – Viper’s deadly AOE ultimate casts a large toxic cloud sustained by her presence within the zone. If enemies enter her cloud, they’re highlighted.
For the support mains out there, Sage is your girl. She’s Valorant‘s medic with several unique support abilities.
- Slow Orb – Sage casts a radiant green orb, creating a slowing field upon impact. If you’re unlucky enough to come in contact with her field, expect slowed movement and increased movement sound.
- Barrier Orb – Creates a massive, solid wall that can be rotated before casting by right-clicking.
- Signature ability: Healing Orb – Moira stans, rise! Sage conjures a small healing orb, restoring herself or allies to full health.
- Ultimate ability: Resurrection – Like Mercy, Sage can revive a fallen teammate to full health.
Brimstone, the American commander specializing in utility, always makes sure his Valorant team has the competitive edge.
- Incendiary – Brimstone launches a powerful AOE grenade, creating a damaging field of fire.
- Stim Beacon – Deliver a strategic Stim Beacon package to your teammates, granting them a Rapidfire ability when they’re within range.
- Signature Ability: Sky Smoke – Open your map to select locations to deploy smokescreens.
- Ultimate ability: Orbital Strike – Choose a location to deliver a devastating aerial strike that causes pulsing damage over a short time.
Cypher moves in the shadows, constantly surveying the enemy team. He specializes in network surveillance and leaves no stone unturned.
- Free ability: Trapwire – Strategically place a stealthy tripwire between two walls. Enemies who trigger the wire are uncovered and restrained for a short period of time. If gone undestroyed, the captured enemy becomes dazed. Trapwire can be picked up and moved around freely.
- Cybercage – Deploy a “remote activation trap.” When activated, Cypher creates a cage that slows any enemy passing through it.
- Signature ability: Spycam – Place a spy camera in a strategic location to keep an eye on your enemies when they think you’re not looking. Spycam recharges after the place camera has either been picked up or destroyed.
- Ultimate ability: Neural Theft – When used on the corpse of an enemy, Neural Theft reveals the location of all enemies alive.
Sova is a trained hunter. He tracks his foes, eliminating them with his powerful bow and highly trained scouting expertise.
- Shock Bolt – Sova fires a powerful bolt of explosive damage that emits a pulse of energy upon impact.
- Owl Drone – Cast a controllable drone that fires darts revealing any enemies hit.
- Signature Ability: Recon Bolt – A sonar bolt that tags nearby enemies, revealing their location to the team.
- Ultimate: Hunter’s Fury – Sova fires three devastating energy blasts, traversing the entire map. Enemies hit by the blast are marked and heavily damaged.
Silently moving in the dark, Omen’s stealthy abilities allow him to blind enemies and traverse Valorant maps via teleportation.
- Paranoia – Cast an “ethereal shadow,” blinding anyone that comes in contact with it.
- Shadow Walk – Allows Omen to teleport over a short distance.
- Signature ability: Dark Cover – Omen casts a hidden orb that explodes into a shadow sphere, obscuring vision.
- Ultimate ability: From the Shadows – Teleport anywhere on the map, then appear as a “Shade.” If killed as a Shade, you travel back to your original location. Upon completing the teleport, the player becomes “Incorporeal” for a period of time.
Jett specializes in agile combat. She’s quick, feisty, and will leave enemies wondering what even happened to them.
- Cloudburst – Cast a sphere of fog that obscures vision upon impact.
- Updraft – Wind up your movement for a quick upwards boost.
- Signature ability: Tailwind – Dash a short distance in any direction you’re moving.
- Ultimate ability: Blade Storm – Cut your enemies to pieces by deploying a whirlwind of deadly blades, dealing one-shot kills on the headshot and severe body damage. Killing an enemy restores daggers.
Stay tuned with DES and our official Twitter page for more Valorant news.