This past week the first 16 participants for the FIFA eWorld Cup Grand Final 2018 secured their spots. For those who don’t know; the tournament consists of 32 players, 16 from each console: Xbox One and PlayStation 4, competing against each other for the bragging rights of being the best FIFA 18 player. Qualifiers for the final leg of the tournament began in Amsterdam on May 28th and will run through June 3rd. 128 players compete in the EA Sports FIFA 18 Global Series Playoffs to determine the top 32 players that will progress into the FIFA eWorld Cup Grand Final 2018. The grand finals start on August 2nd- 4th, with London being the host city.
To provide you all with more of a background on the process for the tournament, here is a summary of how it works:
- The first stage for qualification for the FIFA eWorld Cup Grand Final 2018 began on November 3rd, where players participated in various online and live events that included FUT Champions Cups, the FIFA 18 eClub World Cup, Licensed Qualifying Competitions and Official League Partner Qualifying Competitions
- The top 128 players then advance to two Playoff Events: FIFA 18 Global Series Playoffs, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 brackets
- Four qualifying spots for the Global Series Playoffs were awarded to the final four players in the FIFA 18 eClub World Cup which was held on May 20th in Paris
- From there, the top 128 players participate in the EA Sports FIFA 18 Global Series Playoffs, held in Amsterdam from May 28th to June 3rd.
- 32 players, consisting of the top 16 from each console (Xbox One/PlayStation 4) will then compete in the FIFA eWorld Cup Grand Final 2018.
- FIFA eWorld Cup Grand Final 2018 begins in London from August 2nd to August 4th.
The first 16 qualifiers for the FIFA eWorld Cup Grand Final 2018 came from the Xbox One bracket (which concluded on May 3oth) and are listed below. The remaining 16 players from the PlayStation 4 bracket will be determined from June 1st to June 3rd.
16 Xbox One participants for FIFA eWorld Cup Grand Final 2018:
- “Falcon Msdosary” (Saudi Arabia)
- “Areo” (France)
- “SKC Alekzandur” (USA)
- “NRaseck 7 (Germany)
- “Vfl MegaBit1848” (Germany)
- “FaZe Gorilla 26” (England)
- “Rafsou” (France)
- “ICHOR Resende7” (Brazil)
- “JSSF107” (Brazil)
- “kurt0411” (Malta)
- “Sakul970611” (Germany)
- “GoalMachine21” (Canada)
- “FABIO DENUZZO” (Italy)
- “Hashtag dewamR” (Wales)
- “I Crafty95 I” (England)
- “AFC Ajax Dani” (Netherlands)
You can watch the full live stream of the first qualification round below. You can catch any additional match streams by visiting the EA Sports FIFA channel on Youtube.
We will be keeping a close eye on the final 16 participants from the PlayStation 4 bracket, and will provide you updates throughout the FIFA eClub World Cup Grand Final 2018. Be sure to check back regularly to stay up to date.
For more information about the tournament and the process, visit:
To read more of our FIFA coverage, check out the links below: