Epic Games has confirmed that the long-awaited Playground LTM for Fortnite is delayed until next week. Originally added in a patch this past Tuesday, the mode was only available for a scant few hours before being pulled. Despite early reports that the issue would be resolved quickly, it appears the delay will last for at least a few more days.
We’re still unable to resolve issues preventing the launch of the Playground LTM. We are holding the release until next week to continue hammering away this weekend. We’re sorry we haven't been able to get you in the LTM, and we know waiting is the worst.
— Fortnite (@FortniteGame) June 29, 2018
Eagerly anticipated by fans, the Playground LTM (limited time mode) provides players a chance to play hour-long private matches with their squads. Among other changes, players can mine resources more quickly and are also able to respawn. The full list of changes includes the following:
- You’ll have one hour to create, play and train as you wish. Hop in and try out version 1 of Playground!
- Drop into the Battle Royale map with a squad of friends for an hour
- Friendly Fire is on
- Players respawn on death unless killed by the storm
- The storm doesn’t start closing in for 55m, and takes 5 minutes to close in
- Resources gathered grant 10x the normal rate.
- 100 Llamas will be spawned on the map
- Chests & Ammo Boxes spawn 100% of the time
However, it’s unknown whether or not all of these changes will still be in place when the mode returns. It seems the community was a bit too eager in testing the limits of near-limitless building abilities. Within hours of the modes release, players were already sharing videos of previously-impossible feats, like destroying popular location Tilted Towers with a single, well-placed bullet. Epic realizes the popularity of the mode and is committed to solving the issue. Shortly after their initial tweet, they provided a promising follow-up: “We’ll update you with any additional information on Monday, July 2.”