When you think of old-school Call of Duty, the first thing that comes to many people’s minds are the killstreaks. Raining down from above in an AC-130 or Chopper Gunner made the Call of Duty experience stand out from other FPS titles. Yet in recent years, this experience has diminished due to developers not wanting overpowered streaks in the game. Lackluster scorestreaks were prominent in nearly every game since COD: Ghosts.
While it’s still early, it looks like Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is out to change this. Shown in the gameplay reveal, killstreaks look to be back and more dominant than ever.
Although we are a few months away from launch, this list seems to be pretty set. There are 17 killstreaks in total, and the max amount of kills needed to get the highest streak is 15, a decrease from in previous years. These streaks can be equipped in the Create-A-Class menu like in previous titles.
It’s also important to note that in Modern Warfare, there are killstreaks instead of scorestreaks. This means that securing a Domination flag will no longer count towards your killstreak; only gun kills count towards your next streak.
The full Modern Warfare killstreak list
Here is the full list for the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare killstreaks:
- Personal UAV – 3 Kills
- Counter UAV – 4 Kills
- Team UAV – 4 Kills
- Care Package – 4 Kills
- Cluster Strike – 5 Kills
- Cruise Missle (Predator Missle from MW2 and MW3) – 5 Kills
- Precision Airstrike – 5 Kills
- Wheelson (For smaller maps) – 7 Kills
- Infantry Assault Vehicle (Tank for larger maps, holds up to 2 players) – 7 Kills
- Emergency Airdrop – 8 Kills
- VTOL Jet (Harrier from MW2) – 8 Kills
- Chopper Gunner – 10 Kills
- White Phosphorus – 10 Kills
- Support Helo (Pavelow from MW2 and MW3) – 11 Kills
- Gunship (AC-130 from MW2 and MW3) – 12 Kills
- Advanced UAV (Cannot be shot down) – 12 Kills
- Juggernaut Suit – 15 Kills
- Nuclear Warhead (Tactical Nuke) – 25 Kills?
— Call of Duty (@CallofDuty) August 1, 2019
If you are an old-school Call of Duty fan, these killstreaks are right up your alley. Nearly all of these killstreaks have appeared in a previous Call of Duty and were well-received in their respective games.
The streaks that really catch the eye are the OG killstreaks from the old Modern Warfares. The Chopper Gunner, Pavelow, AC-130, Predator Missile, and the Nuke are all returning.
However, there is no official word on what the Nuke will do or how many kills it takes to earn it. Just know that it’s there and is available to every player to earn like the Modern Warfare 3 M.O.A.B.
What do you think about the killstreak list? Let us know in the comments below. Keep up with Daily Esports for all Call of Duty: Modern Warfare coverage.