As teams are crowned Spring Split champions, they prepare to fight it out for the biggest international League of Legends tournament in the first half of the year.
The 2019 Mid-Season Invitational is split between three events, with the initial Play-In Stage at Ho Chi Minh City’s GG Stadium. After this semi-final, the group stage will take place at Hanoi’s National Convention Center. Then, the last event for the MSI tournament will take place in Taipei at the Heping Basketball Gymnasium.
The League of Legends Play-In Draw Show consists of teams each representing their respective regions. Teams from the LCS and LMS don’t play for the first round and will head directly to the knockout stage. The other eight teams will be sorted into two groups based on international performance over the last two years. Next, the top two from this stage will face the LCS and LMS representative in a best-of-five.
The 10 Teams Competing
- INTZ – A Brazilian team from the CBLOL that beat Flamengo Esports in a 3-2 victory.
- Vega Squadron – A CIS team from the LCL that overcame Elements Pro Gaming 3-1.
- DetonatioN FocusMe – A Japanese team from the LJL that defeated Unsold Stuff Gaming in a 3-0 win.
- Bombers – An Oceania team from the OPL that beat ORDER in a 3-0 victory.
- 1907 Fenerbahçe Espor – A Turkish team from the TCL that proved victorious over SuperMassive Gaming with a 3-0 win.
- Phong Vũ Buffalo – A Vietnamese team from the VCS that overpowered EVO Esports in a 3-1 victory.
- Team Liquid – A North American team from the LCS that bested TSM 3-2.
The LMS, which consists of Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau, will hold their finals on April 20. Likewise, the LLA of Latin America also has their finals on the calendar for April 20. The LST or SEA, encompassing Southeast Asia, is up next on April 21.
The Play-In Stage happens between May 1-7, the Group Stage from May 10-14, and finally the Knockout Stage during May 17-19.
What teams do you think will emerge victoriously? Want to keep up with all of the latest League of Legends news and content? Keep track with Daily Esports!