Replacing the Christmas-themed Snowdown Showdown for the second year in a row, League of Legends has released another lore-based event titled Battle Queens. This event is in full effect, and players can begin their reign with all new skins, bundles, and an awesome battle pass! Riot Games celebrated the occasion by releasing an epic new Battle Queens event trailer, showcasing some of the exclusive rewards and skins offered in this season’s event.
Take the throne from December 10 to January 11 and earn Battle Queens:
💥 and Nexus Blitz returns!
Fools play with power. Queens command it. pic.twitter.com/TlpjhNChGU
— League of Legends (@LeagueOfLegends) December 10, 2020
Battle Queens champions and skins
This event features numerous champions in fabulous, yet deadly, outfits. Players can forge their alliance with the epic new legendary Battle Queen Katarina skin for 1,820 Riot Points. The other newly released skins belong to Diana, Qiyana, Janna, and Rell, and are available for 1,350 RP each.
Players eager to purchase the entire new Battle Queens skin line can buy the Battle Queens Mega Bundle for 12,391 RP. The cost of this bundle scales down for each included champion that the player already owns.
In addition to her regular Battle Queens skin, which is included in the Battle Queens 2020 Pass Bundle, Diana has also joined the exclusive Prestige club, with the exclusive Battle Queens Diana Prestige Edition skin.
The Battle Queens aren’t complete without their own chromas. The colorful variants of these skins are available for 290 RP each:
- Battle Queen Katarina:
- Sapphire, Emerald, Tanzanite, Pearl, Obsidian, Coronation (Event Shop Exclusive), Ruby (Bundle Exclusive)
- Battle Queen Qiyana:
- Catseye, Sapphire, Turquoise, Emerald, Pearl, Obsidian, Coronation (Event Shop Exclusive), Ruby (Bundle Exclusive)
- Battle Queen Janna:
- Catseye, Peridot, Aquamarine, Amethyst, Pearl, Obsidian, Coronation (Event Shop Exclusive), Ruby (Bundle Exclusive)
- Battle Queen Rell:
- Sapphire, Aquamarine, Turquoise, Catseye, Tanzanite, Obsidian, Coronation (Event Shop Exclusive), Ruby (Bundle Exclusive)
Ward skins and icons
Players who purchase the Mega Bundle will receive the exclusive 2020 Battle Queens Ward. The golden-themed ward features 3 floating swords above a gold crown. Aside from the ward, players can also earn tons of new summoner icons. Some of these icons can be earned through missions, while others can be purchased with tokens or RP.
Each of the Battle Queens summoner icons depicted below (second and third row) can be acquired through RP or with event tokens, alongside their matching loading screen borders.
With this event, Riot Games also released the usual border bundles. Each Battle Queens Border Set includes the champion and the accompanying Battle Queens skin, as well as the matching loading screen border and summoner icon. All of the border sets also come with the Battle Queens Ward.
Players that own any of the champions specific to the sets will receive a discount on the price relating to the value of the champion. Players that buy one border set will also receive a further discount on the remaining bundles, as the price of the Battle Queens Ward will also be deducted.
- Katarina Border Set – 3,085 RP
- *Diana Border Set – 2,660 RP
- Qiyana Border Set – 2,707 RP
- Janna Border Set – 2,512 RP
- Rell Border Set – 2,707 RP
*We recommend that players interested in the Battle Queens Diana skin purchase the LoL Battle Queens 2020 Pass Bundle instead. It is very slightly cheaper (2,650 RP) and, aside from the Battle Queens Ward, the pass bundle contains everything else in the border set, along with the excellent value of the battle pass itself.
Players completing missions or buying the battle pass may find themselves with a Battle Queens Orb. This orb contains 1 random Skin Shard and carries a 4% chance to drop a Schema Bag. The Schema Bag grants players additional skin shards and contains a higher chance (1.5x) of dropping a Gemstone or a Mythic Skin. The breakdown is as follows:
- 70% chance: 3 skin shards worth 750 RP or higher
- 30% chance: 4 skin shards worth 1350 RP or lower
Royal Aurai Cache
The Royal Aurai Cache is a new reward for big spenders. The only way to receive this cache is from the 50 Battle Queens Orbs bundle. The bundle costs 12,500 RP and also comes with two Schema Bags and 800 Battle Queens tokens. The Royal Aurai Cache has a 20 times greater chance of dropping a Mythic rarity skin compared to ordinary loot boxes. Each cache will drop one of the following:
- 80% chance: 4 skin shards worth 975 RP or lower
- 19% chance: Legendary Skin permanent
- 1% chance: Mythic Skin permanent
The various loot orb bundles are as follows:
- 1 Battle Queens 2020 Orb + 16 Battle Queens Tokens: 250 RP
- 10 Battle Queens 2020 Orbs + 1 Bonus Orb + 160 Tokens: 2,500 RP
- 25 Battle Queens 2020 Orbs + 1 Schema Bag + 400 Tokens: 6,250 RP
- 50 Battle Queens 2020 Orbs + 2 Schema Bags + 1 Royal Aurai Cache + 800 Tokens: 12,500 RP
For all further updates on new content, and for more information on the Battle Queens event, check out the Daily Esports League of Legends page.