Kicking off the 34th season of ESEA’s Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CSGO) Mountain Dew League (MDL) are Mythic, Rugratz, and more. After a tumultuous season 33, filled with league changes and match upsets, teams are once again entering the server. Last season ended with Triumph besting their competition and taking home the first place MDL win. Since then, Alan “Shakezullah” Hardeman and co. have moved on to greener pastures.
Stepping up to the plate from Advanced are season 33 winners Buffdaddys Paypal Team. Additionally, Christian Dior eSports, Warriors International, and Ethereal move up from Advanced. Faint Gaming, who finished ahead of both Ethereal and Warriors International last season, will remain in Advanced and has parted ways with its roster.
The upcoming season hosts both new and familiar faces. Every team has something to prove, whether it be the incoming teams earning their keep or experienced vets like Chaos who have a reputation to keep. Season 34 is sure to bring excellent matchups and insane upsets.
MDL April 28 schedule and where to watch
Tonight’s complete match schedule and details are as follows:
Big Frames vs. AA
- Time: 6:00 p.m. EST
- Where to watch: ESEA and HitMedia (Russian)
- Predictions: AA played Big Frames last season on Overpass and won 16-11. The win could go either way and is map-dependent. However, we’d say AA has this in the bag.
Mythic vs. New England Whalers
- Time: 7:00 p.m. EST
- Where to watch: Polen, fl0m, Keiti, zNfcs, c0mcsgo
- Predictions: Mythic should take this map in their favor. However, Erik “fl0m” Flom hasn’t been playing CSGO due to playing Valorant, and they haven’t scrimmed. If the Whalers bring their A-game and Mythic isn’t in good form, the Whalers may take the map.
Warriors International vs. Rugratz
- Time: 8:00 p.m. EST
- Where to watch: ESEA, HitMedia 4, TodosGamers
- Predictions: Rugratz had a strong showing last season. Considering that Warriors International is new to MDL, this should be an easy win for Rugratz.
Monstars vs. Infinity
- Time: 9:00 p.m. EST
- Where to watch: ESEA, HitMedia4, TodosGamers
- Predictions: Infinity destroyed Monstars last season on Dust 2 (16-7) and should easily take the win off their opponents tonight.
Do you have any season 34 predictions? Share them in the comments below! Stay tuned to Daily Esports for more CSGO news.