Super Smash Bros. Ultimate players get more terrific features today, including a new “Online Tourney” mode. This will be available today in the upcoming 4.0 version of Smash as announced by Nintendo today. Beyond the Online Tourney mode, other new interesting additions are also included. If you haven’t been actively playing Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, now may be a good time to get back in on the action. The Hero (Dragon Quest) will also finally release today as the Challenger Pack 2 DLC. You can pick that up for $5.99 USD, but if you already have the Fighters Pass you will just be able to download it.
- Final Smash will now have a time limit meter.
- For those who struggle with World of Light, we have good news for you. A new “Very Easy” difficulty setting is being added.
- A new Spectate Mode will enable you to predict the winner of a match and earn points. Points you earn during this can be exchanged for in-game items.
- Online Tourney mode will have a varying rotating set of rules. We will get special event tournaments as well.
- Those who want to show off their plays will now be able to insert screenshots into their videos.
- You will also be able to play videos continuously that are added to shared content with no interruptions.
I am super excited to try out all these new features and I am sure players will enjoy them as well. Online Tourney mode should prove exciting and it will be interesting to see what Nintendo does with it. Using the Hero will be fun as well. This has felt like a long time coming even though the Hero was only formally announced last month. Better late than never I suppose! Let us know your thoughts and whether you plan on participating in Online Tourney mode.