After months of waiting, Season 6 of Apex Legends—named “Boosted”—is finally here. At the time of writing, the update will go live in a few hours but Respawn Entertainment released the patch notes a little early. From a first glance, there is a ton of new content and changes coming to the battle royale. A new legend and weapon, updated map, and a laundry list of meta changes make up the patch notes. Let’s hop in and see what’s different in Apex Legends Season 6.
Apex Legends Season 6 patch notes
EA released the patch notes on its official website, so you can see the entire list there. Be warned though, there are pages and pages of notes to sift through.
With the introduction of Season 6, there will only be Evo Armor (except for Gold Armor). This is a huge change and will certainly affect how players navigate Apex Legends. Coming with this are new damage requirements for the Evo Shields, which are as follows:
New Damage Requirements:
- Damage to white: 50
- Damage to blue: 125
- Damage to purple: 250
- Damage to red: 500
Next up, we have a slew of legend changes for the Recon Class (Pathfinder, Bloodhound, Crypto). First off, all of these Legends can now use the Survey Beacons to find the next ring, which was expected. However, each Legend also received some major changes.
- Passive: Each time Pathfinder scans a survey beacon, the total cooldown of Zipline Gun is reduced.
- Numbers: Zipline Gun cooldown reduced by 10s each time Pathfinder scans a beacon. Up to 6 rings per game means the total cooldown of Zipline Gun can go from 120s to 60s.
- Beast of the Hunt: Now gains even more duration when Bloodhound scores a knockdown or kill with the ultimate about to run out.
- Eye of the Allfather: During Beast of the Hunt, Eye of the Allfather now comes out twice as fast and has a much shorter cooldown.
- Surveillance drone:
- Crypto can now activate respawn and survey beacons from his drone. Doing so is instant instead of requiring a prolonged use.
- Made the surveillance drone slightly more consistent to hit but also doubled its hitpoints.
- Drone EMP: EMP will now slow teammates caught in the blast, even if they had no shields. This means that players who have used Revenant’s Death Totem will also be slowed.
In regards to other Legends, one huge change is the lowered cooldown for Loba’s Black Market ability. This has gone from three minutes to 90 seconds. Also, Gibraltar’s Defensive Bombardment cooldown has been increased from three minutes to four and a half minutes.
Lastly, Respawn Entertainment really made some changes to weapons in Apex Legends. Season 6 will introduce Energy Mags, return the Turbocharger, and permanently integrated the Precision Choke into the Peacekeeper and Triple Take.
In addition, the R99 is now available only in Supply Drops and the Devotion is back on the floor. This also comes with a buff to the R99, which makes sense. Besides that though, there weren’t many significant changes to the weapon pool in Apex Legends.
That’s it for the Season 6 patch notes! Make sure to stay tuned to Daily Esports for all Apex Legends news.