The Spirit Blossom event is in full bloom in League of Legends. Lillia is live, the Spirit Blossom quests are available, and now Riot has revealed their next Champion, Yone, and his abilities. Here’s a look at him.
Yone is Yasuo’s brother, and as such, his abilities strongly resemble Yasuo’s. Here are his abilities and some insight on how to use them.
- Passive – Way of the Hunter: Yone attacks with both of his swords and his second sword will deal bonus magic damage. He also gains bonus critical strike chance and deals reduced critical strike damage (just like Yasuo). This means that Yone will be an AD champion who wants to build crit, similar to his brother.
- Q – Mortal Steel: Yone strikes in the target direction, dealing physical damage. Hitting enemies gives him a stack of Gathering Storm and at two stacks he charges forward and knocks enemies up. This is also just like Yasuo’s Q, except Yone actually goes forward on his third strike.
- W – Spirit Cleave: No, Yone doesn’t get a wind wall here (thankfully). Instead, he deals damage in an arc in front of him and gains a shield when hitting enemy Champions. The shield size is increased for each additional Champion hit.
- E – Soul Unbound: Yone exits his body and enters his spirit form, he returns to his body after the duration ends and deals a percentage of the damage he dealt while in his spirit form.
- R – Fate Sealed: Yone dashes forward and pulls all enemies in his path behind him. This move will pair excellently with his brother’s ultimate, as it counts as a knock-up.
Items to build and skills to max
Given how Yone’s kit works, we can assume he’s going to scale well with Attack Damage and Crit. This means he will probably want to build similar to Yasuo, with items like Infinity Edge, Phantom Dancer, and Death’s Dance. As for skills, you will probably want to max Q, then W, then E (unless E scales well with levels).
For runes, Yone will undoubtedly want to take Conquerer and go down the Precision tree. Triumph, Legend: Tenacity, and Coup De Grace will work well with him. For your secondary runes, you can go with the Domination tree and take Ravenous Hunter and Taste of Blood.
Yone will likely hit the PBE soon and go live the Wednesday after next with the next patch cycle. Make sure to stay tuned with Daily Esports for more League of Legends news and guides.